Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oct.5: A Night of Love; A Night of Grief


Oct.5: A Night of Love; A Night of Grief

It was February 4, 2007, when I forwarded a message to a friend about the “evils of alcohol.” I never expected that he would bother to reply, but receiving a message from him brought me intense happiness. He asked me if how I was doing and if we could bring back the friendship that we once lost because of some reasons. Without any second thought, I agreed with that idea and talk about things that happened in the past. I gained hope that afternoon. I was so desperate over him.

In history, a friend of mine introduced him to me on July 11 2006, around 5 in the afternoon. I engraved the date and time in my mind because I felt that he would not just be an ordinary acquaintance to me. We talked and spent some time hanging out with our common friends. We were teased that we could be a perfect couple.

I admit I liked him, but I ended up in a relationship with someone else I don’t want to be with. That fancy commitment lasted less than a month and carried all the regrets why I chose him. Engaging myself with somebody else brought a sudden gap between us. The closeness turned to bitterness and we just ended up nodding to each other every time our path crosses as if we don’t know each other.


After months of regret, I never expected that there would be a second chance for us. So, when he replied in the quote that I sent him, my hope grew again. That very next day, around 5 in the afternoon, we talked and clarified everything that happened in the past. We apologized to each other and agreed that it’s better for us to forget about the past.
After a long time of wait, I got him! My friends were shocked when I announced that he’ my official boyfriend already. They were so happy for me and I was so proud having him as my lover. I made a promise to myself that I would love and be loyal to him, which I really did.

I was so happy all the time that we’ve been together and never asked for more. Days and months passed. On our 8th monthsary, we went out together with his friends. When he got tipsy, he said “kahit maliit na tao lang to, mahal ko to” right in front of his friends. I was so touched and wished that we would stay longer, but few days later, he gone astray.

While spending my vacation in our hometown, a girl from Manila texted me and identified herself as the long time girlfriend of my man. She confronted me if I and her so-called boyfriend were in a relationship. That message made me cry that night. I hurried to come back to Dumaguete to see and talk to him. A talk wasn’t able to save the 8month relationship; we broke up officially on October 23.

I told myself not to cry again and to accept everything including that fact that I must set free the man that I love. The next night after our break up, a friend of mine told me that my boy or shall I say my ‘EX” was attracted with one of my friends. I lost my senses when I heard that hurtful truth.

I tried to understand the situation. I wanted to accept the fact that nothing last forever, but it had been so hard for me to forgive them because I still heard stories that they continued seeing each other and even got closer. I was hurt, I am hurt, and I don’t know if until when I would be hurt.

FEBRUARY 5 IS SIGNIFICANT FOR ME… it was a happy memory and also a curse……

NOTE: I posted it first in my multiply account…
It’s been a year (Oct. 5, 07) when he said in front of his friends that he loved me… I was so happy that night. But just this October 5, 08, another significant and hurtful thing happened. I and my latest boyfriend broke up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ouch.. so malas naman that date te cath.. haizzz. ;(